Managed Training is typically done by more than one person and/or done by a professional body.
This guide outlines how to create a new training course and create a new training event.
There is also a video at the bottom which goes through the processes described below.
What's the difference between a Training Course and a Training Event?
A Training Course is the basic information about a course that your organisation does.
A Training Event is simply the date(s) a Training Course is taking place. A Training course can have many training events as it's likely that it may happen more than once.
Adding a Training Course
A Training course can be added by first navigating to
Management > Training > "Go to Managed Training Courses".
Next, click "Add Course" and fill in the relevant details.
Note: More Categories and Qualifications via Setup & Admin by a Controller.
Once the course details have been added, click "Add Course" at the bottom and you will see a wizard asking what you'd like to do next.
- Add Event - This allows you to create a new event for this training course.
- Manage Visibility - This lets you specify which employees can see this course and submit requests to attend events that are taking place in the future.
- Add Training Course - This allows you to create another training course.
Note: By default, nobody can see training courses so won't be able to submit training requests for Managed Training.
Adding a Training Event
Training events can be added in 2 ways;
- If you've just created a new training course, you can select the Add Event button that appears wizard mentioned above.
- If you're creating a new event for an existing course, find the relevant course in the list, click the "Actions" button, select "View Events" and press the "Add Event" button.
From there, like adding a new course, enter the details about the event.
Note: More Training Providers can be added via Setup & Admin by a Controller.
Similar to adding a training course, when you've added the Event details and clicked "Add Event", you will see another wizard asking what you'd like to do next;
- Manage Visibility - This is the same as mentioned above and allows you to specify which employees can view this training course.
- Assign Users - If you already know who is to attend this event, you can click this and add them to the training event.
- Add Training Event - This allows you to create another Training Event.