Managed Training is typically pre-planned training done in larger groups of staff and/or done by a professional body.
This guide outlines how to create a new training course and set up a new training event for this course.
There is a video at the bottom highlighting this process.
What's the difference between a Training Course and a Training Event?
A Training Course is an overview of what is to be taught, CPD points (if applicable), and other details that define what someone who attends will learn.
A Training Event gives a time, place, provider, and other details to a specific manifestation of a course. After attending an event, attendees can rate the training and, any results/marks can be recorded against their attendance.
Adding a Training Course
A Training course can be created by first navigating to
Management > Training > "Go to Managed Training Courses".
From there, click "Add Course" and fill in the relevant details.
More Categories and Qualifications via Management > Training > Settings.
Once the course details have been added, click "Add Course" at the bottom and you will see a wizard asking what you'd like to do next.
- Add Event - This allows you to create a new event for this training course.
- Manage Visibility - This lets you specify which employees can see this course and submit requests to attend events that are taking place in the future.
- Add Training Course - This allows you to create another training course.
By default, nobody can see training courses so won't be able to submit training requests for Managed Training.
Adding a Training Event
Training events can be added in 2 ways;
- If you've just created a new training course, you can select the Add Event button that appears wizard mentioned above.
- If you're creating a new event for an existing course, find the relevant course in the list, click Actions > View Events and then press the "Add Event" button.
From there, like adding a new course, enter the details about the event.
More Training Providers can be added via Management > Training > Settings.
Similar to adding a training course, when you've added the Event details and clicked "Add Event", you will see another wizard asking what you'd like to do next;
- Manage Visibility - This is the same as mentioned above and allows you to specify which employees can view this training course.
- Assign Users - If you already know who is to attend this event, you can click this and add them to the training event.
- Add Training Event - This allows you to create another Training Event.