By default, nobody has access to the new Training module. Because of this, a Controller needs to configure the permissions for themselves and other Managers/Controllers by specifying who is a 'Training Manager' and who they manage the training for.
This guide will walk you through setting up the permissions for the new Training module.
Setting up Training Manager(s)
Before you can use the new training module, you need to be set as a 'Training Manager'. You can assign this permission by:
- Navigating to Config > Access rights > User Permissions
- Search for yourself and select the yellow button to the right
- Set 'Training Manager' to Yes and select 'Update'
You can setup other managers and controllers in the same way.
Allocate users to Training Managers
When you have specified who is a Training Manager, you then need to allocate users to them so they can manage their training.
To allocate users;
- Navigate to Config > Access rights > Training Managers
- Select the yellow button against a Training Manager
- Select 'Add Employees' at the top
- Search and add relevant employees, locations or departments
If the Training Manager will see everyone's training, instead of using the search bar, select "Assign to all users".