Holiday approval for an organisation can be set to either "one stage" or "two stage".
- Two stage holiday approval - two holiday managers must approve a holiday request
- One stage holiday approval - a single holiday manager approves holiday requests
In two stage holiday approval, only requests approved by the 1st stage manager would be sent to 2nd stage manager for final approval.
Controllers can enable 2 stage holiday approval by going to
Setup and admin > Approval of holiday requests.
Extra menus will be available in
Setup and admin > Holiday groups to chose stage 2 holiday managers if stage 2 holiday approval is set. Some important points ...
- You can set the same person as the 1st and 2nd stage manager (allowing for a mixture of 1 stage and 2 stage approval)
- Holidays declined at stage 1 do not go to stage 2
- You can switch between stage 1 approval and stage 2 approval at any time without losing data.
The mechanics of a user making a request are no different when two stage approval is activated. After the request is submitted, the user is notified that it will need to pass through two managers before gaining approval.
If approval is switched from a two stage process back to single stage, any requests which have passed first stage approval, but waiting for the second stage manager to sign off, will be given full approval immediately.