What is the Accident Book?
Within the Health and Safety module is the Accident Book feature. This allows you to keep a record of any accidents that might occur.
The Accident Book can be accessed via
Management > Health and Safety > Accident Book.
Note: If you don't see this area, your Controller likely hasn't given you access to it.
Accident Reports Grid
When you access the Accident Book, you will see a grid of all 'Open' accident reports by default, showing you information such as:
- Time of Accident
- Injured Person
- Reporting User
- Potential RIDDOR Indicator
- Welfare Tags - You can find more information about Welfare Tags here
- Status - This is set to 'Open' by default
Note: Any open or closed reports that are 2 weeks old or older are highlighted in red.
Accidents that have been reported here can be exported to Excel using the 'Export' button.
The grid can be customised to show either 10, 25 or 50 entries per page. As well as this, you can also use the search bar to search based on 'Injured Person', 'Reporter', 'Location' or 'Department'.
Open and closed reports can be viewed in detail by selecting the green/teal button against the relevant report. Reports in the grid can be deleted too using the red button.
Note: When you're deleting a report, you're required to enter notes as to why it is being deleted.
Deleted Reports Grid
You can view a list of deleted reports by selecting the red 'View Deleted Reports' to the top right of the grid. Doing so will take you to a screen like the image below.
The information shown in the deleted reports grid is similar to the information shown in the live reports grid.
In the 'Actions' column, you're able to view notes left by the employee that deleted the report.
Note: Deleted reports can be exported to Excel too.
Reporting an Accident
Accidents can be reported using the 'report an accident' link at the top of the Accident Book grid.
Clicking this link will trigger the start of an Accident Report where you will first need to select the user that has had an accident.
Once you have chosen a user, you're given their personal and emergency contact details as well as any Welfare Tags they may have been allocated.
You can find more information about Welfare Tags here.
You will then need to confirm whether the user you've selected is correct or not.
If not, you can select 'Search Again'. Otherwise you would select 'This is the correct person' and the form will proceed.
Next, you are asked to populate the following information:
- Date and Time
- Images - You can upload up to 10 images so long as each image meets the criteria below:
- No more than 5MB per image
- The image has to be one of the following formats - .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif.
Once you're happy with the information you've entered, you can select the 'Continue to Next Secton' link at to fill in the rest of the form.
The last half of the form will ask you to select one or more tick boxes option from each of the areas below:
- RIDDOR Assessment
- Treatments Received
When the form has been completed, there is a tick box at the bottom where you can confirm that the information you've entered is correct to the best of your knowledge.
Ticking this provides the last 2 options:
- Cancel - This will cancel the report and take you back to the Accident Book grid.
- Print after submit - This will bring up your web browser's print function once the report has been created.
- Submit - This will create an open report which can be edited until it is closed.
Note: Any changes made to open reports are recorded.
Viewing Reports in Detail
You can view a report in detail by selecting the green/teal button to the right of the relevant report. Doing this will open a screen similar to the report creation screen.
When viewing an open report, you have up to 4 options at the top:
- Edit/View Report - This will toggle between the view and edit modes for the report.
- Print Report - Clicking this will bring up your web browser's print function so you can get a printout of the report.
- Lock Report - Clicking this will lock the report and stop any further amendments from being made.
- View Previous Versions - This shows previous versions of the report if any changes have been made.
Note: The 'View Previous Versions' option will only be available if changes have been made to a report.
When viewing a locked report, you will again have 2 options at the top:
- Print Report - As mentioned above.
- View Previous Versions - This shows previous versions of the report if any changes were made while it was 'Open'.
Health and Safety Adviser
Normally when an accident report is created, an email notification is sent to Health and Safety Representatives (you can see who is a Health and Safety Representative via
Setup & Admin > Health and Safety Permissions).
If the accident has a 'Potential RIDDOR Indication' and not Health and Safety Adviser has been set up, the email sent to Health and Safety Reps will include a link to the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) help page.
However, if a Health and Safety Adviser has been set up via
Setup & Admin > Health and Safety Adviser, then their information will be shown instead.
When setting up the Health and Safety Adviser, if you tick the box labelled 'Show in all mails (not only RIDDOR related)', the Health and Safety Adviser's details will show in all Accident Book emails instead of just RIDDOR indicated emails.